SECOND TASK
1) Reflection: emotional self - management
The emotion that is most difficult to manage when others disagree with me is the anxiety because for me is difficult to keep calm in stressful situations. Likewise, in these situations, I need to convince and persuade someone else, but I can not do it in the best way, due to the fact that I think that each person can think and choose their own decisions.
2) Reflection: influences on my thinking
The influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking. For me, It can be challenging to adapt my belief and thinking, but we need to understand that the human beings are exposed to change every single day. It not bad when someone puts in new ideas in our lives, by contrast, I like taking advantage about them.
3) Reflection: challenging opinion
For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of others, it is try to change their way of thinking and beliefs, because it can cause personal problems.
4) Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner's description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?
No, I don't recognize anything about myself in Bodner's description because as a student is important also what we learn inside the classroom because at some point we will need that knowledge that we acquired years ago. However, what Bodner mentioned about that evidence from projects is true because we also have to go beyond the words and experiment the reality.
5. Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months.
The barrier that has an effect on me is the reluctance to criticize those with more expertise. Sometimes I only keep with me the arguments that others people have but it is important to ask and try to go through active questioning.
The emotion that is most difficult to manage when others disagree with me is the anxiety because for me is difficult to keep calm in stressful situations. Likewise, in these situations, I need to convince and persuade someone else, but I can not do it in the best way, due to the fact that I think that each person can think and choose their own decisions.
2) Reflection: influences on my thinking
The influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking. For me, It can be challenging to adapt my belief and thinking, but we need to understand that the human beings are exposed to change every single day. It not bad when someone puts in new ideas in our lives, by contrast, I like taking advantage about them.
3) Reflection: challenging opinion
For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of others, it is try to change their way of thinking and beliefs, because it can cause personal problems.
4) Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner's description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?
No, I don't recognize anything about myself in Bodner's description because as a student is important also what we learn inside the classroom because at some point we will need that knowledge that we acquired years ago. However, what Bodner mentioned about that evidence from projects is true because we also have to go beyond the words and experiment the reality.
5. Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months.
The barrier that has an effect on me is the reluctance to criticize those with more expertise. Sometimes I only keep with me the arguments that others people have but it is important to ask and try to go through active questioning.
Hi xiomara
ResponderEliminarI think this is one of the most important tasks for ourselves, to analyze what we feel and think
I agree with you in terms of our emotions when someone disagrees with us. Anxiety is one of the strongest emotions in those moments and we often cannot control it but you know that in these moments is when we should start thinking in a critical way to reflect on the others' opinions and whether we accept them or not according to what we think. We should also have the ability to defend our opinions and try to convince others.